Document-based & distributed database built for modern applications
MongoDB is a general purpose, document-based, distributed database built for modern application developers and for the cloud era.
MongoDB stores data in the form of standard documents JSON, the most natural way of conceiving data, the most expressive and powerful.
Rich JSON documents
- The most natural and productive way of working with data.
- Supports arrays and nested objects as values.
- Work with dynamic and flexible schemes.
Powerful query language
Query language that allows filtering and ordering by any field, regardless of how it is embedded in a document.
Supports aggregations and other modern use cases, such as graphic or text search, and geospatial information-based search.
The queries themselves are also JSON, so they are easily scheduled.
All the power of a relational database
- Complete ACID transactions.
- Supports combinations in queries.
- Two types of relationships instead of one: reference and embedded.